There needs to be more uses for balloons! I was sitting at my desk this morning and we were all so busy with customer’s balloon orders and I was helping get them ready and as I was helping, I realized that not only could you achieve so many different looks and color combinations with balloons, but there’s also got to be so many different fun and decorative uses for balloons. So, I started looking all over the internet to find someone creative enough to discover fun and unique uses for balloons and that’s when I stumbled upon this really awesome article on buzzfeed.com. The article was written by Peggy Wang of the Buzzfeed staff. It’s an excellent article with cheerful, and bright pictures but also demonstrates 32 unique and fun uses for balloons! Working around balloons all the time, I’m definitely going to have to try some of these things because you really get sick of seeing the same old arrangements and colors day after day. Some of these tips and tricks are such a unique spin on your basic balloon. I know that I never would have thought of many of these ways to enhance them and honestly this article is going to save you money too! You can purchase balloons off of our website for 25 cents a piece! And I guarantee you can find the supplies to decorate them for a pretty reasonable price, you just have to be a little creative and thrifty. I hope this article gives you all some insight into different uses for balloons and ways to save money because I know that decorations for parties can be expensive so balloons are sometimes a helpful way to decorate without spending too much, but now you have more than just decorations, you can create vases using balloons, drum sets and even hang pictures! Way to go Peggy, thanks for the excellent article and I’m sure our readers will thank you as well!
1. Glue pom-poms on them.
2. Attach streamers, feathers, tinsel, and any other long stringy sparkly things to them.
3. Revamp your vases.
4. Surprise someone you <3.
Go for the single balloon for a subtler effect.
5. Freeze water ballons and use them to keep drinks cold at a party.
Your new party trick. When the water melts, just throw them back into the freezer.
6. Make your guests do a little work if they want to find out where the party is.
7. Make a drumset.
Thankfully, this one doesn’t make any noise.
8. Create a balloon drop.
Basically a small-scale version of…
9. Display photos.
10. Hang tiny people off the ends.
11. Splatter them with gold paint.
12. Give someone the gift of bubblegum.
Your valentine will think you are impossibly clever. Directions here.
13. Put confetti in your balloon.
Hint: Use a funnel.
14. Put confetti AND money in your balloon.
15. Put LED light bulbs in them.
Just make sure the bulbs aren’t breakable in case one of them comes crashing down due to a popped balloon.
16. Create a table centerpiece with plants and flowers.
17. String them into a fruity garland.
18. Give the kids a super durable bouncy ball to play with.
Get the directions on how to make this using balloons here.
19. Make a giant strawberry party decoration.
All you need is green construction paper and a sharpie.
20. Instead of piñatas, hang water balloons.
21. Fill them with non-toxic paint and have a fight.
22. Make water balloon yo-yos.
23. Brighten up those mason jars.
They look deceptively paint-dipped!
Use different colored string for a decorative fixture.
25. Turn your favorite little one into a walking apple tree.
26. Use a balloon as a mold for a votive holder made from a doily.
All you need is a balloon, a doily, and sugar starch.
28. Run a threaded needle through the tied end of the balloon to string them together.
29. Wrap them in cellophane and put them on sticks to make giant lollipops for a candy-themed party.
30. Hang them upside down from the ceiling.
31. Freeze an LED tea light into a water balloon to create a winter “fire and ice” lantern.
Add food coloring if you want them to be colored.
32. Make a water balloon to end all water balloons.