A lot of your wedding planning does have to happen in person. You have to try on and buy your dress in person (though some people do buy their wedding dresses online), you have to taste and choose a cake and catering in person (unless you have decided to do those things yourself), and you have to pick out your venue by visiting and touring the available spaces near you. Many brides can get caught up in wedding planning and will start to believe that they have to buy everything in person.
That just isn’t true. Buying some of your wedding supplies online can not only save you time, it can save you a lot of money. You won’t have to buy gas in order to drive to a party supply store in order to pick up the supplies you need (which they might not even have in store) and you will usually get a better price when shopping online anyway.
If you are a bride or a groom who is currently in the midst of wedding planning—do not fret. There are plenty of wedding supplies that you can buy easily online. Here are just five of the things that you can save money on when you buy wedding supplies online.
1. Cutlery – No matter what size of wedding you are having, cutlery is going to be one of your biggest expenses. Why? Because you need a lot of cutlery. Even if you are setting out individual place settings, people are going to push their spoons onto the ground and drop their forks or set them down and leave them somewhere and need a new one. If you are having a buffet, most people will pick up new cutlery every time they go back for another plate of food. Is this a bad thing? No, but it means that if you are trying to purchase enough real metal cutlery for your wedding, you are going to be facing a serious trial. Plastic cutlery, luckily, can look just as classy as metal utensils, and they are far, far less expensive. You can buy a 48 ct. of black plastic forks on our website for less than five dollars. That means that even if you are inviting two hundred people to your wedding, you can get all the forks you need to serve them food for less than $50. That simply isn’t going to happen when you try to buy real utensils.
2. Plates and Cups – Don’t think you can find beautiful plastic or paper plates for your wedding? You’re just plain wrong. There are so many different varieties of plastic and paper plates, that finding one that matches the theme of your wedding and your colors is simple. Plates and cups are two of the best things to buy as wedding supplies online. Not only can you get exactly however many you need, you can get them delivered right to your door, which means you don’t have to worry about going to pick them up or the store not having enough of the color or colors that you want to use at your wedding. We even have plate and cup sets that ensure that you get all of the plates and cups you need in the same color, no matter what color that is.
3. Decorations – Getting enough decorations to fill your space at a low enough price to not break your budget might sound impossible, especially if the only way you have been shopping for wedding decorations is to drive around to different party supply and craft stores. Buying these wedding supplies online is a much, much better way to get exactly what you want, at a discounted price. Whether you need fluffy paper hanging decorations like these or a “Just Married” sign for your car, or any number of other decorations, like confetti, balloons, and even centerpieces, it’s time to stop looking in stores and time to start looking online. Buy your decorations enough ahead of time that you can pick up more if you need to or so that they have time to ship to your home.
4. Favors – Are you having trouble picking out favors for your guests? Are you planning on having so many guests that buying favors for all of them is going to seriously break your bank account? Why not turn to the internet? You can actually buy favors for your guests in bulk online and have them shipped to your door so you don’t even have to leave home in order to get what you want and what you need. Candles are a great choice, since everyone loves a candle! You can buy them for much less online than what you would pay if you had to buy them in store, and you can actually get them in the quantity that you need!
5. Flowers – Fresh flowers are nice for a wedding, but especially for a fall or winter wedding, finding the right fresh flowers can be difficult and expensive. A florist may be able to get you want you want, but it will probably be at a high cost and the flowers are not guaranteed to actually be fresh. Instead of going with fresh flowers, why not try faux flowers. These are a great alternative to real flowers, and premade arrangements like this are perfect for fall weddings. They are all far less than you would have to pay for similar arrangements made out of fresh flowers!